Businesses that Opened in 2014
Closed or Moved Out of the Sloop in 2014
- Pockets (555 S. Dearborn)
- Kingoberry (555 S. Dearborn)
- Victory Barber Salon (1926 S. State)
- Bevello (150 W. Roosevelt)
- Pita Belly (606 S. Wabash)
- STA Travel (525 S. State)
- City Tavern (1416 S Michigan)
- JTA Schools (1252 S. State)
- HomeMade Pizza Co (1347 S. Michigan)
- Monkey Bar Gym (2255 S. Michigan)
- L'Oreal USA Institute (2101 S. Wabash)
- Caribou Coffee (41 E. 8th Street)
- ABP Art Supplies, Books and Photography in the City (612 S. Wabash)
- Crave Lounge (1250 S. Michigan)
- Yang's (28 E. Roosevelt)
- Flavor 180 (1511 S. State)
- Gymboree Play & Music Center (600 W. Roosevelt)
- Put it On (1319 S. Michigan)
- Cafe Society (1801 S. Indiana)
- Vogue Fabrics (627 W. Roosevelt)
- Haus of Reign (1345 S. Michigan)
- Flirtatious Lingerie & Clubwear (1317 S. Michigan)
- Mobile Station Phone Store (State and Cermak)
- Jamaican Jerk Villa (State and Cermak)
- Shark's Fish & Chicken (State and Cermak)
- Dragon Fire (State and Cermak)
- Bacci Pizza Express (Green/Orange CTA Stop at Roosevelt)
Before we put this to bed, are there anything openings or closings we've missed?
While it might be premature to add the 4 businesses that burned down on last day of the year, they're definitely closed and their future status is definitely TBD.
You may be wondering why we didn't include The Chicago Firehouse on this list (which similarly was badly damaged in a fire). They've announced their intentions to rebuild and re-open, so we will give them the benefit of the doubt right now.
Also, we've officially created the 2015 business counter page, so feel free to head on over their to see what businesses may open in 2015.