|A tip o' the hat |
(US President Calvin Coolidge, 1924).
So what is a hat tip (as defined by wikipedia)?
A hat tip is an act of tipping one's hat as a cultural expression of recognition, respect, gratitude, or simple salutation and acknowledgement between two persons.If you're a fan of Sloopin, you've probably noticed a small "Hat Tip" note at the bottom of many of our posts.
The purpose of this has been to acknowledge the source of the post, story, write-up, picture or link that we've received. If you've received one, we just wanted to say thanks!
We will continue our hat tip tradition, but we're stepping it up a bit. If you're initials are in the first hat tip position, you will be eligible for a sweet new Sloopin "Hat Tip" t-shirt.
1) Send us something awesome at email@example.com
2) Read www.sloopin.com
3) If you're initials are the first one in our hat tip, email us "I want my shirt!" - example of hat tip:
(Hat Tip: ND, CS, DD!)4) In the example, ND would be eligible for the t-shirt
5) We will email you back confirming your t-shirt
6) You go to Well Future Pharmacy (1442 S. Michigan) during business hours and pick up your shirt
7) Wear it around the Sloop with pride!
If you would rather not submit content, but still want a rad shirt, you can also go to Well Future Pharmacy (1442 S. Michigan) and buy one for $15.
Now a little more about the shirts - they are Next Level - 60% combed cotton/40% polyester jersey with a tag that rips off. We went for the comfy shirts this time. The color of shirt is storm (greenish color).
Please note - t-shirt eligibility is for all "hat tips" moving forward starting today Monday, September 8th, 2014.
(Hat tip: KP!)