|A tip o' the hat |
(US President Calvin Coolidge, 1924).
A hat tip is an act of tipping one's hat as a cultural expression of recognition, respect, gratitude, or simple salutation and acknowledgement between two persons.If you're a fan of Sloopin, you've probably noticed a small "Hat Tip" note at the bottom of many of our posts.
The purpose of this has been to acknowledge the source of the post, story, write-up, picture or link that we've received. If you've received one, we just wanted to say thanks!
We will continue our hat tip tradition, but we're stepping it up a bit. If you're initials are in the first hat tip position, you will be eligible for a sweet new Sloopin "Hat Tip" t-shirt.
How it works:
1) Send us something awesome at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Read www.sloopin.com
3) If you're initials are the first one in our hat tip, email us "I want my shirt!" - example of hat tip:
(Hat Tip: ND, CS, DD!)4) In the example above ND would be eligible for the t-shirt
5) We will email you back confirming your t-shirt
6) You go to Well Future Pharmacy (1442 S. Michigan) during business hours and pick up your shirt
7) Wear it around the Sloop with pride!
Well Future Pharmacy (1442 S. Michigan) and buy one for $15.
Now a little more about the shirts - they are Next Level - 60% combed cotton/40% polyester jersey with a tag that rips off. We went for the comfy shirts this time. The color of shirt is espresso.
Finally, we wanted to give some detailed hat tips for this post:
- T-shirt design - by Sloopin reader Kwasi Amankwah who is a graphic designer. Check out his work at www.kwasi.net
- T-shirt production - was done by Lead Apparel. While the business is not in the Sloop, the owner is and reached out about helping us out. Good peeps!
- T-shirt distribution - is being executed with the help from the fine people at Well Future Pharmacy (1442 S. Michigan)
- T-shirt contest entries - we had 14 entries for our t-shirt contest back in February of 2013. Thanks to everyone who submitted
Please note - t-shirt eligibility is for all "hat tips" moving forward starting today Monday, July 1st, 2013.
(Hat tip: KA, NH, KP!)