Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lucas Museum "Negotiation" Appears to Be Playing Out Via Chicago Media Organizations

The long-running controversy over the fate of the planned Lucas Museum took another bitter twist Tuesday when the head of the group opposing the project said it had been given a deadline to accept the original site for the $743 million museum — a claim city officials immediately denied. 
"We have been told that Mr. Lucas, the Lucas Museum, will leave Chicago at any moment," Friends of the Parks Executive Director Juanita Irizarry said. "The official word we have been given was that Tuesday was our deadline." 
But city officials said the timeline was not as specific. 
"No deadline was delivered, but as we've been saying, time is not on our side," said Adam Collins, a spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Apparently this "negotiation" is going to play out via Chicago news organizations.  It seems like this is all in an attempt to sway public opinion.

All we can do is sigh...  

No comments: