During construction of the interchange flyover, existing expressway ramps will be closed and lanes will be reduced:(Hat tip: BK!)
- The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan expressway (I-90/94) to the outbound Eisenhower expressway (I-290) will remain open but shift to a temporary roadway.
- The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan to inbound Congress will be closed. Traffic will detour from Roosevelt Road to Jefferson to Harrison to Wells.
- The ramp from Roosevelt to Congress will be closed, and traffic will follow the Jefferson/Harrison/Wells detour. Traffic for the outbound Eisenhower will detour from Roosevelt west to Ashland and north to Van Buren.
- The ramp from Taylor Street to the inbound Dan Ryan will be closed. Traffic will detour north on Jefferson to Adams.
- The right lane of the inbound Dan Ryan will be closed from the Stevenson expressway (I-55) to Roosevelt.
- The inbound and outbound Stevenson ramps to the Dan Ryan will be reduced from two lanes to one.
- Four weekends this summer or fall will see a near-total shutdown of the entire interchange while beams for the flyover are installed. During those weekends, all lanes of the Eisenhower and Congress will be shut down, and an almost two-mile section of the Dan Ryan will be reduced to one lane in each direction. IDOT has not yet determined the four weekends for shutdown.
- The flyover is scheduled for completion in July 2016.
Friday, March 6, 2015
Be Prepared: Construction Updates for the Jane Bryne Interchange
If you're a driver in the Sloop you've probably experienced some of the headaches of the construction at Jane Bryne Interchange (aka the Circle). Well looks like it's about to be ratcheted up - be prepared (via Connecting4Communities):