You're probably getting sick of all the Cubs talk in the city recently and we promise this is our last post on the topic.
One of the quirkier stories we read about was that the rally was reportedly the 7th larget gathering of humans in the world. Yes - the world!
As you will recall, the estimates were 5 million people. Seems high, but what the hell do we know.
Even better, this event and stat, put the rally/parade in some interesting company (via Fox 32):
1. Kumbh Mela pilgrimage, India, 2013 - 30 million
2. Arbaeen festival, Iraq, 2014 - 17 million
3. Funeral of CN Annadurai, India, 1969 - 15 million
4. Funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran, 1989 - 10 million
5. Papal gathering in the Philippines, 2015 - 6 million
6. World Youth Day, 1995 - 5 million
7. Chicago Cubs World Series celebration - 5 million
8. Funeral of Gamal Abdel Nasser, 1970 - 5 million
9. Rod Stewart concert, Brazil, 1994 - 3.5 million
10. Hajj pilgrimage, Mecca, Saudi Arabia, 2012 - 3 million
11. Anti-war march, Rome, 2003 - 3 million
So take that - our neighborhood/city hosted one of the largest human gatherings in the history of the world!