I attended the presentation last night from the Roundy's people concerning the new store at 16 & Clark. The renderings posted on your blog were pretty spot on as far as the layout but there are some new developments. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The store will have one entrance, north facing, very close to Clark.
- There will only be two drive-in entrances, one at what is now Federal and 16th, one mid block between 16th and 17th on Clark, with a new traffic light (paid for by Roundy's)
- Loading will take place at 17th and Dearborn, with fully enclosed docks
- No plan for any greenery on the roof (there was in the original renderings)
- The self storage place will stay, as the owner does not wish to sell at this time (they tried)
- Double deck parking with and interior elevator
- Lots of windows to see in and out, not fake display windows
- July-August groundbreaking, one year construction timeline.
For those looking for the old post that we did on the topic (with renderings) click here.
Good to hear they're planning on breaking ground this summer. We've heard a lot of good stuff about Mariano's and can't wait to try out ours.
(Hat tip: AB!)