One South Loop spot gets hit with citation on new indoor mask mandates (via Fox32):
The city of Chicago has cited six businesses for failing to enforce the city's COVID-19 indoor mask mandate.
Investigators from the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) conducted 56 investigations over the weekend to see if people were wearing masks and whether there were signs posted about the requirement.
From Thursday through Sunday, the following businesses were each issued two citations for violating both requirements of the mandate, which went into effect on Aug. 20:
- Cortland’s Garage, 1645 W. Cortland St. in Bucktown
- Bassline, 2237 S. Michigan Ave. in South Loop
- Fulton Loft, 2107 W. Fulton St. in West Town
- The Soul Tribe LLC, 1564 N. Damen Ave. in Wicker Park
- The Hidden Palace, 1900 N. Austin Ave. in Galewood
- Vaunt Fitness, 6255 S. Archer Ave. in Garfield Ridge