We recently received an email from the Alliance for a Greener South Loop asking us to bring some attention to Earth Day, which is this Saturday, March 26th. It's an important event and wanted to give it some pub:
They also give you tips on what you can do to take part in the event:
What can YOU do?(Hat tip: GM!)
- Talk to your building management about posting a notice to residents to Turn Off Your Lights!
- Ask your friends and neighbors to do the same in their buildings.
- Staying home on Saturday, March 26? Switch off lights for Earth Hour at 8:30 p.m., and celebrate a commitment to the planet with the people of the world;
- Planning to eat out on Friday, March 26? Call ahead and ask the restaurant if they’ll have lights out and candles on for the evening;
- Use the logo on your website, blog, or e-mail signature (jpeg attached, or go to www.earthhour.org/tools)
- Help us document Earth Hour around us. Post before and after pictures of the neighborhood on the Alliance’s Facebook page.
- The Alliance for a Greener South Loop presents the first annual Earth Hour
Tweet-Up: tweet @GreenSouthLoop and tell us where you are and what’s going on where you are during Earth Hour.
- Sustain environmentally-focused actions beyond the hour and share what you
did in the the South Loop at by commenting on this blog post and with the world.
- Sign up and share stories of actions that benefit the planet on http://www.earthhour.org/